Mechanical Design Engineer -- Product Design Engineer
· Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree. 5 years of relevant product development experience.
· Proficient design experience utilizing CATIA v5 CAD software.
· Strong theoretical and practical experience in design and testing.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to lead projects independently as well as work in a team environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%.
· Design and develop products for the vehicle markets.
· Generate design concepts as required and perform vehicle studies.
· Evaluate mechanism kinematics, FEA analysis, and interpret results.
· Perform studies to benchmark and evaluate competing design proposals.
· Optimize existing designs and products for improved performance and/or reduced cost.
· Perform engineering calculations for mass, strength and performance.
· Responsible for completing or coordinating completion of APQP deliverables including: BOMs, tolerance
analysis, DFMEA, drawings, CAD models and design validation.
· Coordinate product development activities with customers, outside engineering firms, suppliers, and