Hardware Platform Manager
Summary of the Hardware Platform Manager position:
Our client, a developer and supplier of advanced vehicle safety systems is looking for a Hardware Platform Manager to join their rapidly growing team. In this position, you will manage a global team of Hardware Engineers for Brake Control ECU platforms related activities. This is a technically-oriented management position, where you’ll directly oversee the development of approved hardware procedures and methods along with the automotive products. This is a great opportunity for an engineer looking for challenging work with a company that will invest in their future. They offer a great long-term opportunity in a true team environment. If you have a good background in management of full life-cycle hardware development (design, verification, integration WCA, PPAP, etc.), then this opportunity is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Hardware Platform Manager:
- Manage a team of Hardware Engineers and Brake Control ECU platforms related activities.
- Achieve platform goals by planning, scheduling and recruiting the resources within the approved budget.
- Develop and ensure use of approved hardware procedures and methods, in conjunction with Principal Engineers
- Establish and track metrics for platform hardware development
- Collaborate with Managers for successful integration and usage of RC&S platform hardware methods and artifacts.
- Work with key components development team to ensure compatibility of components with platform hardware needs.
- Present the reports and status to platform project and senior management.
Qualifications of the Hardware Platform Manager:
- BSEE, MS preferred
- 5 + years of experience with hardware leadership or equivalent position.
- 7+ years of experience with the development of the automotive products is strongly preferred.
- Experience in motor drive controls and/or power electronics.
- Strong understanding of hardware development tasks such as circuit simulation, schematic capture, worst-case analysis, EMC, FMEA, etc.
- Well versed with the following skills set -
- Accountability, Analytical, Communication, Decisiveness, Global thinking, Information handling, Innovative, Integrity, Technical orientation
Location: Detroit Area MI
Salary Range: $135,000-150,000/year, based on experience
Travel: When required (Domestic and Internationally)
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas may be helpful - Hardware, "Hardware Platform", "hardware procedures", "hardware development", "hardware document", RC&S, "product development", leadership, manager, circuit, simulation, schematic, "worst case analysis", EMC, FMEA