Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Materials Manager -- Lean Mfg or TPS experience
Job Opportunity at
J.D. Cotter Search, Inc.
Posted on Sep 19
+1 (614) 895-2065
Excellent opportunity with expanding company!
Materials Manager – Lean Concepts and/or Toyota Production System experience -- Lexington, OH – $80-120,000 - Relocation Assistance Provided!
The Material Manager manages the overall control and movement of materials in and out of the facility. Directs and administers purchasing, production scheduling and control, inventory and warehouse stock control, warehousing, traffic and shipping, and customer service. Investigates new developments relative to material and supplies and makes recommendations to reduce costs and improve quality.
· Responsible for master schedules to meet customer requirements while maximizing manufacturing efficiency and maintaining lowest effective inventory levels.
· Analyses and evaluates delivery problems and implements solutions.
· Coordinates functions related to warehouse, production material flow, shipping, and inventory control.
· Devises methods and policies ensuring most efficient and effective material control. Pursue methods to reduce inventory to lowest level consistent with required production and delivery.
· Track and improve inventory control and improve inventory turns.
· Participate in disposition of materials as required by quality system procedures.
· Reviews and processes claim for material and equipment discrepancies. Participation in associated corrective action activities.
· Responsible for driving cost reductions in materials, keeping abreast of price trends to monitor timing for purchasing.
· Maintain operating budget compliance and develop plans for cost reductions where appropriate.
· Deploy quality systems in department for compliance to documented procedures and to achieve improvement goals.
· Implement and drive continuous improvement in close coordination with management staff
Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
6-8 years’ experience of progressively increasing responsibility in purchasing, production Scheduling, inventory control and supplier/customer relations.
Knowledge of lean concepts and/or Toyota Production System principles required
· Proven track record in Lean manufacturing and success in implementation of redesigned processes
Apply for immediate, confidential consideration!
Terms of Usage
AutoIndustryCentral.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)