Mechanical Engineer - Electronics Packaging
Summary of the Mechanical Engineer - Electronics Packaging:
Our client, a developer and supplier of advanced vehicle safety systems, is growing at a fast rate. Because of this, they’re looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team. In this position, you'll be developing housing/packaging for their electronic control hardware. They are working with the latest and greatest innovations in the automotive field such as active safety, brake-by-wire, and automated driving. If you have previous experience in electronics packaging, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer - Electronics Packaging:
- Design ECU Mechanical components such as housings, covers, connectors and circuit boards.
- Manage designing activities from prototyping to production for new product development or modifications to existing designs.
- Develop and analyze design concepts using CAD/solidworks/CATIA to demonstrate feasibility with CAE tools (Thermal and Structural)
- Explain design concepts and analysis to engineering team by creating documents,
- Develop test methods, engineering reports, fixture/prototype designs and test execution support for product development.
- Prepare specifications for parts, assemblies, and installations
- Work on packaging studies and component layout analysis
- Apply GD&T, Tolerance Stackingetc, principles for components and assemblies
Qualifications of the Mechanical Engineer - Electronics Packaging:
- BSME with at least 3 years of experience on a Mechanical Design Engineer role.
- Experience with CAD tools, preferably CATIA or Solidworks
- Strong knowledge of casting, molding, assembly
- Experience with FEA process and tools such as ANSYS, ABAQUS is required
- Background in automotive electronics mechanical packaging and interconnection technology will be preferred.
Compensation of the Mechanical Engineer - Electronics Packaging:
Salary Range: $75,000 - $95,000/year, based on experience
Location: Detroit Area MI
Travel: As required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful: Mechanical, packaging, "Electronics Packaging", housing, integration, "test methods", fixture, prototype, "product development", dimension, GD&T, "Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing", "mechanical packaging", interconnection, "thermal analysis", casting, molding, assembly, FMEA, DV, PV, CAD, CATIA, "Pro Engineering", FEA, TS16949, APQP, APDS