The Operations Manager has a broad role and will lead the manufacturing organization, shipping and receiving, warehouse management, and overall sourcing.
Principal Responsibilities Production, Shipping & Receiving, Warehouse Management:
- Plan, organize, coordinate and control production to ensure orders are manufactured efficiently on time, and within budget.
- Manage employee and production processes to ensure products are produced within quality standards.
- Manage all human, machine, and material resources to meet production objectives.
- Implement and maintain lean manufacturing concepts, such as: 5S, TPM, Kanban, Visual Management, Poka-Yoke, etc..
- Manage and drive improvements in shipping and receiving as well as the warehouse.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety procedures.
- Implement production improvement processes and cost control initiatives.
- Develop manufacturing processes.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and layout.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Train and motivate employees.
- Responsible for up to 20 people.
Principal Responsibilities Purchasing:
- Negotiate pricing and manage supply contracts.
- Consider price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support when choosing foreign as well as domestic suppliers to support current as well as future business.
- Analyze procurement data and statistics.
- Perform or assist in the performance of supplier evaluation of goods and services.
- Ensure the compliance of all purchasing activities with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Receive and review requisitions, specifications, scopes of work, and translate documents into the appropriate acquisition process.
- Support setting up the purchasing module of an MRP system and then utilize it effectively.
- Create a strong supply base, manage spending for products and projects, reduce costs, and support efficient plant operations.
- Develop and manage supplier on-time delivery, lead time reduction, and price reductions.
- Responsible for up to 2 people.
- As part of the management team responsible for implementing the short as well as the long-term goals of the organization.
- Assembly knowledge as well as knowledge of and ability to promote and direct Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Strong purchasing background with metal fab parts. Additional purchasing background with plastic components desired.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time in a fast pace environment.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to read and work with technical drawings and blueprints.
- Computer knowledge: ERP & Microsoft office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Business, or equivalent.
- 20 years production management and purchasing experience.