Plant Operations Manager
Job Code (0888)
$85,000.00 - $110,000.00
NOTES: Must have stable job history
Automotive Tier #1 supporting auto industry such as Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, etc...
Manufacturing Operations Manager Summary:
The Operations Manager directs all production activities within the manufacturing facility. They will lead the day-to-day activities within the plant and ensure that production schedules, products, and deliveries meet the customers quality standards at minimum costs.
Manufacturing Operations Manager Job Responsibilities:
· Directs and supervises Production Supervisors, Shift Superintendent and all plant operations team members to ensure correct, accurate and timely completion of production and delivery schedules.
· Responsible for the objectives necessary to meet production, quality and plant safety standards.
· Constantly monitors processes to assure the objectives are met and timetables are kept.
· Works with support personnel to assure that materials, quality, accounting, and personnel needs will be met in order to avoid interruption of production.
· Responsible for meeting established goals.
· Evaluates production requirements and determines production schedules.
· Responsible for identification, implementation and verification of continuous improvement opportunities.
· Follows work-in-process to assure work is proceeding satisfactorily.
· Studies, institutes and maintains efficient and safe work practice procedures and facilities.
· Keeps abreast of safety requirements and new developments in order to maintain an injury free, highly efficient plant operation.
· Improves the abilities, skills and knowledge of production personnel through appropriate instruction and training.
· Assures strict compliance with all quality control standards by maintaining a current and complete acquaintance with quality.
· Jointly establishes individual objectives through analysis of, and familiarity with, each individual’s job functions.
· Understanding and participating in HSE&E practices, which are applicable to their job function.
· Reporting accidents, occupational illnesses, and HSE&E emergencies.
· Ensures compliance with all safety procedures and ensures safe working procedures in assigned production areas.
· Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) is required.
· New Program Launch experience required.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
· Must have recent experience in Automotive Industry.
· Manufacturing experience including several years of supervisory experience.
· Experience with TS/ISO requirements.
· Effectively and professionally communicate.
· Solid understanding of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing methodologies and proven track record of implementation.
· Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
· Ability to motivate a team environment, help drive results, and delegate authority to subordinate personnel.