We are in need of an experienced Safety and Compliance Manager seeking to grow into a Director located in Los Angeles, CA.
The Safety and Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring FMCSA, DOT, OSHA, State, local, and company safety policies are defined, administered, and followed by all contractors and employees. The Manager is responsible for developing and implementing updated procedures, training, etc. to remain compliant. The Manager will attend training classes and State trucking Association meetings when applicable. This position supervises administrative personnel as required to support company and department objectives. Must have Warehousing, trucking, logistics and Supply Chain experience. Safety primarily for Warehouse.
The Manager must be available 24/7/365 to assist with any safety issues.
- Current knowledge of and experience with FMCSA, PHMSA, and DOT regulations and compliance
- Accident investigation and reporting
- Driver qualification
- Drug screening/Random drug screen
- MVR reviews
- CA Pull Notice
- Understanding of California BIT Inspections, CDL requirements, safety orientation, OSHA, file compliance and maintenance, l
- ELD installation and operation, and safety training in both an owner-operator and company driver environment
- Must have excellent communication and problem-solving capabilities
- Bilingual Spanish - preferred
- Must also interface with insurance providers, finance department, maintenance, recruiting, operations, and government agencies as required.
- Able to work in a sometimes stressful environment with owner-operators and company drivers.
- Must be detail oriented
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.