Sales Manager Automotive Electronics (Greater Detroit area)
Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 13,500 employees from 70 nations.
Wacker Silicones is one of the premier silicone manufacturers in silicone based system solutions with more than 3000 different products – silicone fluids, rubbers and resins, silanes and pyrogenic silica. As we expand our world class organization, we are looking for a Sales Manager – Automotive Electronics (Greater Detroit area).
The successful profile of Sales Manager – Automotive Electronics includes a professional who is dynamic, high-energy, and flexible. In this visible and focused role, the successful candidate will:
# Work directly with leading automotive OEM's and their tier suppliers to identify material opportunities for next generation solutions, including batteries, autonomous driving and infotainment systems
# Own growth and profitability results at targeted accounts
# Collaborate and direct relationships with selected channel partners to serve the automotive industry
# Be a collaborative part of the global Wacker automotive organization
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent sales skills, including strategy development, generation of growth opportunities, relationship management, prospecting, opportunity management, forecasting, strong communication skills, consultative and value-add selling, negotiating, versatility, collecting/reporting market information, computer literacy and software skills. Further, he/she will maintain CRM data for all customers and prospects. In this important role, a top performer will have options for additional growth within the global Wacker organization.
• Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or chemistry
• 5+ years working in a team environment in a B2B enterprise is required
• Sales experience to Automotive Electronic markets strongly preferred
• Selling experience in the specialty chemical industry or elastomer sales is preferred
• Well versed in technical sales with a strong mechanical aptitude
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated, detail orientated, persistent, organized and a strong competitive desire to succeed, positive winning attitude
• 60 - 70 % travel required, primarily within the greater Detroit area.
• Must be able to work in the US without current or future visa support
Sustainability is one of WACKER's corporate goals – also as an employer.We want you to remain productive, healthy and successful long term. Thatis why we offer, for example, comprehensive health management and a variety of advanced training programs and courses for individual development opportunities, alongside a good work-life balance. Naturally, we also have a fair compensation system and above-average social benefits. After all, social responsibility has a long tradition at WACKER.
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers