Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 13,500 employees from 70 nations.
At our US headquarters in Adrian, MI, we are seeking a Technical Manager, Electronics.
Be the chief regional technical leader driving developing differentiated solutions for Electronics customers! This demands deep insight, expertise, and creativity in solving technical problems and the ability to speak with authority on critical electronics topics. In order to lead, the successful candidate will be dynamic and engaging, creating a successful innovation environment, with the ultimate expectation that he/she will be viewed as a global resource.. He/she will contribute to the innovation pipeline of the region and corporation, and energize the extended team (both direct reports and colleagues) to deliver on a common goal. As a leader, best practice modeling such as scientific reasoning and experimentation, documentation, interaction with other functions, and mentoring are required.
• Safely perform tasks to complete the projects in a timely manner.
• Develop close relationships with other BU/BT/Market Segment Team members and with the customers' Technical decision-makers
• Propose and develop ideas/solution paths for expanding our business profitably.
• Consistently report progress/next steps of projects and boldly stop projects when needed.
• 0 TRIR in labs.
• Documented call reports; active participation in team meetings and customer meetings; regular involvement in trade shows and industry committees.
• Numerous PMA's submitted; solution options for customer needs.
• Creation and implementation of an innovation roadmap for product development in automotive applications.
• New business development with target automotive customers.
• High degree of project completion; documented reports on project status; prepared updates at Project Tracking meetings.
• PhD Degree in Polymer Science, chemistry or materials science
• Experience in electronics related to automotive, industrial, or consumer electronics highly desired.
• Knowledge of silicone elastomers related to R&D, processing and manufacturing is preferred.
• Broad experience with packaging materials and process technology and testing requirements required.
• Supervisory experience of lab personnel.
• Must be able to work in the United States without current or future visa support
• High level communication skills (verbal and written) - including listening ability
• Project management skills - critical thinking
• Service orientation
• Operational discipline - Customer support; time management; reporting
• WCC Technical Center with 25% travel throughout the NCA region; Occasional global travel is required to select Wacker sites
Sustainability is one of WACKER's corporate goals – also as an employer.We want you to remain productive, healthy and successful long term. Thatis why we offer, for example, comprehensive health management and a variety of advanced training programs and courses for individual development opportunities, alongside a good work-life balance. Naturally, we also have a fair compensation system and above-average social benefits. After all, social responsibility has a long tradition at WACKER.
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers